San Francisco News
San Francisco moves step closer to new food truck regulations
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's food trucks may have new regulations on the menu soon.
On Monday afternoon, the Board of Supervisors' Land Use Committee unanimously approved a package of rules that put new limits on food trucks.
Under the new rules, food trucks cannot park within 75 feet of a restaurant. There will also be increased penalties for permit violations.
But there is a plus side for these mobile eateries. They will be able to set up closer to schools, and even operate inside college campuses.
The full Board of Supervisors will vote on the regulations next week.
food, restaurants, voting, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire