San Francisco News
San Francisco moves step closer to new food truck regulations
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's food trucks may have new regulations on the menu soon.
On Monday afternoon, the Board of Supervisors' Land Use Committee unanimously approved a package of rules that put new limits on food trucks.
Under the new rules, food trucks cannot park within 75 feet of a restaurant. There will also be increased penalties for permit violations.
But there is a plus side for these mobile eateries. They will be able to set up closer to schools, and even operate inside college campuses.
The full Board of Supervisors will vote on the regulations next week.
food, restaurants, voting, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 43 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 2 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos