San Francisco News
Man proposes to girlfriend at San Francisco school board meeting
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- You usually don't see too many romantic encounters at school board meetings, but a recent San Francisco school board meeting ended with an "I do."
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Eric McDonnell asked to speak regarding general matters Tuesday night. He got up and told the board that he was in love. He sang a few songs including, "You Are the Sunshine of My Life," before he dropped on one knee and asked board member Hydra Mendoza to marry him.
Mendoza said yes.
marriage, san francisco news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos