San Francisco News
San Francisco ranks fourth most expensive big city to visit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Taking a trip to a big city is getting more expensive than ever.
At an average of $505 a night, Honolulu, Hawaii is the most expensive U.S. city to visit.
New York is second, followed by Boston.
San Francisco came in fourth, where it costs about $471 a night.
And Chicago rounds out the top five.
The TripAdvisor survey is based on the cost of a hotel, dinner, and cab fare.
travel, transportation, food, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 27 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 43 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos