San Francisco News
San Francisco ranks fourth most expensive big city to visit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Taking a trip to a big city is getting more expensive than ever.
At an average of $505 a night, Honolulu, Hawaii is the most expensive U.S. city to visit.
New York is second, followed by Boston.
San Francisco came in fourth, where it costs about $471 a night.
And Chicago rounds out the top five.
The TripAdvisor survey is based on the cost of a hotel, dinner, and cab fare.
travel, transportation, food, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday