San Francisco News
Pair killed in Visitation Valley shooting identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two men who were fatally shot in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley neighborhood early this morning have been identified by the medical examiner's office as 22-year-old Tantrell Crawford and 27-year-old Deshawn Byes.
The shooting was reported at about 12:50 a.m. near the intersection of Blythedale and Brookdale avenues, police said.
Both Crawford and Byes have been identified as alleged gang members in city documents.
Declarations filed in San Francisco Superior Court in 2010 by the city attorney's office in support of a requested gang injunction identified the pair as members of the Down Below Gang, based in the Visitacion Valley neighborhood.
According to the documents, Byes went by the nickname "Posso" and Crawford by the nickname "Trail Mix."
The injunction was granted in February 2011.
guns, shooting, violence, crime, gang violence, visitacion valley, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 36 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos