San Francisco News
Forklift collides with car at market injuring three
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three people were injured in a collision between a car and forklift at a wholesale produce market in San Francisco's Bayview District early Friday morning, according to police and fire officials.
The collision occurred shortly before 4 a.m. in the 2000 block of Jerrold Avenue at the San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market, according to fire officials.
The driver of the forklift was injured when he was thrown from his seat. Two occupants in the car were also injured. All three were transported to San Francisco General Hospital shortly before 4:15 a.m., a fire dispatcher said.
Two of the people suffered serious injuries and the third suffered moderate injuries, a fire dispatcher said.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation, police said.
bayview hunters point, crash, shopping, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos