San Francisco News
Big rig gets stuck on steep San Francisco hill
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A big rig driver found out Friday morning just how difficult it is to navigate San Francisco's steep hills.
The big rig got stuck at the crest of the hill where Divisadero Street meets Broadway.
Wheels on the tractor up front and wheels on the trailer in back were dangling in the air. There wasn't much the driver could do except to call for a big rig tow truck.
Police directed morning commute traffic around it until it was removed at 7:30 a.m.
SFPD, san francisco news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 11 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 29 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
1 min ago