San Francisco News
Three injured in shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three people were injured in a shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District on Thursday evening, police said Friday.
The shooting was reported at about 7:40 p.m. at Fitzgerald Avenue and Ingalls Street.
The victims were driving and stopped at the intersection, where a suspect drove up from behind and fired several shots into their vehicle, according to police.
The victims were struck by the gunfire and drove to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for their injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, police said.
The suspect drove away north on Ingalls Street in a green sedan and had not been found as of Friday morning, according to police.
Anyone with information about the shooting is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
bayview hunters point, crime, violence, shooting, guns, san francisco general hospital, san francisco news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 51 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos