San Francisco News
Man in naked BART attack facing deportation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are looking for witnesses and BART is taking new action after a naked man terrorized riders at the 16th Street Mission station last month.
Yeiner Garizabalo, 24, was arrested and released after the initial incident, but he is now being monitored by Immigration and Customs Enforcement as he awaits deportation proceedings.
BART police are still waiting for a judge to sign a felony arrest warrant. They would like to see Garizabalo charged with battery, sexual assault and false imprisonment. Video (WARNING: Graphic/NSFW) taken by a BART station agent shows Garizabalo, naked, performing acrobatics and chasing people through the16th Street Mission station on May 10.
BART investigators are still looking for additional witnesses and trying to identify victims.
BART will soon be getting hundreds of new real-time surveillance cameras for stations and trains.
If you have information about the May 10 incident, BART detectives ask you to call 510-464-7040.
mission district, BART, transportation, crime, violence, san francisco news, heather ishimaru
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 8 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday