San Francisco News
San Francisco Marathon runners asked to arrive early
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Runners in Sunday's San Francisco Marathon are being asked to arrive 30 to 45 minutes early because of security.
In response to the Boston Marathon bombings, there will be additional security officers and police. Bags will also be inspected near the start.
The marathon will start with the top runners at the Ferry Building at 5:30 a.m. The course weaves through the city, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and back to the Embarcadero near Mission for the finish line.
Road closures will begin Saturday at midnight and remain in place through Sunday afternoon.
boston bombings, embarcadero, san francisco news
- Underground fire forcing evacuations in Oakland 1 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Oakland robberies; Pitcher makes donation 44 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday