San Francisco News
Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
SAN FRANCISCO -- The man suspected of being the nude man caught on film harassing passengers and employees at a San Francisco BART station last month was arrested today, according to a San Francisco District Attorney's Office spokesman.
Yeiner Perez, 24, was arrested in San Francisco and charged with two counts of false imprisonment, four counts of battery and one count of sexual battery, spokesman Alex Bastian said.
He is being held on $100,000 bail, Bastian said.
Perez, who is an acrobat, is scheduled to be arraigned at the San Francisco Hall of Justice Tuesday afternoon.
The charges stem from a May 10 incident at the 16th Street BART station where video showed a fully exposed man doing flips and handstands on fare gates.
He allegedly was harassing people, including kicking and pushing a BART employee and grabbing an elderly customer, injuring her lower back.
He was then taken to San Francisco General Hospital for observation. Upon his release, he was arrested but released a short time later without charges.
Following Perez's release, BART police forwarded the case to the district attorney's office and investigators from that office with the help of immigration officials arrested Perez today and filed charges against him, Bastian said.
mission district, BART, transportation, crime, violence, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 13 min ago
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday