San Francisco News
More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The shocking video of two teenage girls on Muni, robbing and punching a woman in the face has generated outrage. Now at least two people say they believe they were robbed by the same teens.
Both victims say the teens went for their iPhones and both victims were surprised at how young they were. Police believe they're only 13 and 14 years old.
They struck quick and hard, punching a 68-year-old woman in the face, snatching her two purses, and running off the Muni light rail train in the Bayview.
"When I first looked at it, I was like, 'that's definitely her,'" said Niki.
A woman, who wants to be identified only as Niki, says the girl in pink stole her iPhone last December while she was shopping at the Uniqlo store on Powell Street.
"So I stopped her and I was like, 'I think you might have accidentally taken my phone.' I was trying to be nice about it and she started freaking out. She said, 'What are you talking about?' and she started to cry," said Niki.
The girl ran out of the store and got away.
"All of a sudden I was walking on the street and I got attacked by two girls who were going for my iPhone," said "Natasha."
Natasha, which is not her real name, says the same girl in pink threw her to the ground and tried to take her iPhone. It happened last Wednesday in front of a 24th Street café in the Mission.
"They were just kids" said Natasha.
Natasha says a female bystander finally jumped in and that's when the teen gave up and ran.
"It bothers me because there were at least seven people watching it, taking video and taking photos while I was struggling with those two girls," said Natasha.
"Well what concerns me the most is that the situations seem to be escalating. They seem to be getting violent," said Niki.
Both Niki and Natasha believe there are more victims of these same two girls.
muni, crime, iphone, san francisco news, alan wang
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case