San Francisco News
More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The shocking video of two teenage girls on Muni, robbing and punching a woman in the face has generated outrage. Now at least two people say they believe they were robbed by the same teens.
Both victims say the teens went for their iPhones and both victims were surprised at how young they were. Police believe they're only 13 and 14 years old.
They struck quick and hard, punching a 68-year-old woman in the face, snatching her two purses, and running off the Muni light rail train in the Bayview.
"When I first looked at it, I was like, 'that's definitely her,'" said Niki.
A woman, who wants to be identified only as Niki, says the girl in pink stole her iPhone last December while she was shopping at the Uniqlo store on Powell Street.
"So I stopped her and I was like, 'I think you might have accidentally taken my phone.' I was trying to be nice about it and she started freaking out. She said, 'What are you talking about?' and she started to cry," said Niki.
The girl ran out of the store and got away.
"All of a sudden I was walking on the street and I got attacked by two girls who were going for my iPhone," said "Natasha."
Natasha, which is not her real name, says the same girl in pink threw her to the ground and tried to take her iPhone. It happened last Wednesday in front of a 24th Street café in the Mission.
"They were just kids" said Natasha.
Natasha says a female bystander finally jumped in and that's when the teen gave up and ran.
"It bothers me because there were at least seven people watching it, taking video and taking photos while I was struggling with those two girls," said Natasha.
"Well what concerns me the most is that the situations seem to be escalating. They seem to be getting violent," said Niki.
Both Niki and Natasha believe there are more victims of these same two girls.
muni, crime, iphone, san francisco news, alan wang
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos