San Francisco News
Muni bus and car crash near San Francisco's Panhandle
SAN FRANCISCO -- A Muni bus hit a car near the Panhandle in San Francisco today, sending the bus driver to the hospital, a Muni spokesman said.
Muni spokesman Paul Rose said the 43-Masonic bus hit a car making an illegal U-turn near the intersection of Fell Street and Masonic Avenue at about 6:20 p.m.
Pictures posted to social media showed the bus well inside the park with the car crumpled in front of it.
The bus driver was transported to San Francisco General Hospital and the car's driver refused medical aid, Rose said. No one else was injured.
muni, crash, transportation, driving, SFPD, san francisco news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos