San Francisco News
One arrested after shooting on Market Street in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- One person was arrested after a shooting on Market Street in San Francisco Saturday evening, according to police.
Multiple gun shots were fired around 5:15 p.m. on the 1000 block of Market between 6th and 7th streets, Sgt. Dennis Toomer said.
One person, a man in his 20s, was struck by shrapnel and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries to his head.
It is unclear if the victim was the intended target, Toomer said.
Police arrested a suspect, described only as a black male in his 20s, and recovered a weapon allegedly used in the shooting. The suspect's identity has not yet been released.
shooting, crime, violence, guns, san francisco general hospital, SFPD, san francisco news
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St. Paddy's Day 9 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- New book reveals Steve Jobs nixed Apple TV idea 10 min ago
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace 38 min ago
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- DUI checkpoints dot the Bay Area on St....
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos