San Francisco News
Pistol-whipping assault at San Francisco BART station
SAN FRANCISCO -- A bloody assault in the crowded Embarcadero BART station in San Francisco on Sunday night caused multiple injuries and delays, a BART police lieutenant said.
Around 8:10 p.m., BART police received reports of a man on the ground at the Embarcadero station and a fight occurring on the platform and possibly on a train, Lt. John Conneely said.
Based on a preliminary investigation, police believe a group of four men were responsible for assaulting three other men.
One of the suspects was armed with a handgun, which was used to pistol-whip the three victims, Conneely said.
San Francisco police officers responding to the incident spotted a group of four men fleeing from the Embarcadero station believed to be responsible for the attack and detained them.
The case is being investigated as an assault with a deadly weapon, Conneely said.
The incident caused delays of up to 30 minutes between the Embarcadero and West Oakland BART stations as thousands of people made their way home following the San Francisco Pride celebration.
embarcadero, BART, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos