San Francisco News
4 detained after shots fired in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- Four people were taken into custody this evening after a transbay pursuit triggered by shots fired in San Francisco.
Shots were fired at Leavenworth and McAllister streets in San Francisco just before 8:30 p.m., according to Sgt. Dennis Toomer.
No one was injured, but responding officers spotted a silver-colored sedan seen driving away from the area with three males and a female inside.
Police attempted to stop the vehicle on the Bay Bridge but it evaded them, Toomer said.
A firearm was thrown from the car during the pursuit, which ended near Market and West Grand Street in Oakland, where the vehicle was last seen.
However, a short time later, the vehicle was involved in a collision near West Grand and West Street, Toomer said.
Officers arriving on the scene located two male suspect and a female suspect near the vehicle, and took them into custody. The third male was located near 22nd and Curtis streets and also taken into custody.
The shooting was the second in the Civic Center area this evening and the third in San Francisco today.
Multiple gun shots were fired in the area of Larkin and Grove streets around 6:35 p.m., just minutes after the official closing time of the SF Pride Celebration.
The victims, two male adults, were both shot in the leg and sustained non-life threatening injuries, Toomer said.
A suspect was seen running on Larkin Street after the shooting, but no arrest has been made. It is not clear if the victims were the intended target of the shooting.
Earlier in the day, around 3 p.m., a 30-year-old man was shot and killed on the 700 block of Kirkwood Avenue in the Bayview District.
shooting, crime, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway 1 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos