San Francisco News
Water main break causes damage to five SF homes
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Five homes sustained water damage following a water main break in San Francisco Friday night.
It happened at 10 p.m. in the area of Brussels and Ordway Streets.
Crews have been cleaning up all morning. Residents say their homes were completely flooded, with water standing as high as three feet.
"I opened the backdoor to release the pressure of the water. It was filling up inside, so I opened up the backdoor so water could escape from the garage," resident Melvin Vasqez said.
Investigators are working to figure out what caused the water main break.
visitacion valley, water main break, san francisco news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 31 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos