San Francisco News
Teen girl knocked unconscious, robbed in mall bathroom in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 15-year-old girl was knocked unconscious and had her cellphone stolen in a bathroom at the Westfield San Francisco Centre on Tuesday afternoon, police said Wednesday.
The robbery was reported at about 4:30 p.m. at the mall, located at 865 Market St.
The victim went into the bathroom and was followed by a female suspect who pushed her from behind, causing her to hit her head on a wall and lose consciousness, police said.
The suspect then took the girl's phone and fled. She had not been found as of this morning.
The victim was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for facial and head trauma, police said. Her injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Anyone with information about the robbery is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, violence, retail, san francisco general hospital, san francisco news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 21 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday