San Francisco News
Man injured in shooting in SF's Bayview District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was injured in a shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District this morning, a police spokeswoman said.
The shooting was reported at 9:07 a.m. in the area of McKinnon Avenue and Lane Street, San Francisco police spokeswoman Officer Tracy Turner said.
The victim suffered gunshot wounds to his lower torso and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, Turner said. She did not know the man's condition as of about 10 a.m.
No arrests have been made in the case, she said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
SFPD, crime, shooting, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 16 injured in East Harlem explosion 15 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos