San Francisco News
Man injured in shooting in SF's Bayview District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was injured in a shooting in San Francisco's Bayview District this morning, a police spokeswoman said.
The shooting was reported at 9:07 a.m. in the area of McKinnon Avenue and Lane Street, San Francisco police spokeswoman Officer Tracy Turner said.
The victim suffered gunshot wounds to his lower torso and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, Turner said. She did not know the man's condition as of about 10 a.m.
No arrests have been made in the case, she said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
SFPD, crime, shooting, san francisco news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos