San Francisco News
Two women killed in Brannan St. shooting in SF identified
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There are new details about Friday's fatal shooting and stabbing at the San Francisco Gift Center & JewelryMart complex on Brannan Street in San Francisco.
ABC7 News has confirmed the names of the two women who died. 51-year-old Lina Lim of Daly City and 35-year-old Khin Min of San Francisco were clerks at the Victoga Inc. jewelry store. Police say one woman suffered gunshot wounds and the other stab wounds from a knife.
Officials say the 23-year-old suspect, Barry White, was also involved in a violent confrontation with police in 2009. White was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon after Antioch officers said he tried to run them over with his car.
SFPD Officer Gordon Shyy says White, who appears to have acted alone, left the Gift Center after the allegedly attack and walked east on Brannan Street, where he contacted six police officers.
White, who was covered in blood, allegedly raised his gun and fired at the approaching officers, who did not return fire.
Police say he then retreated to a nearby restaurant and continued firing at the officers. He apparently ran out of ammunition and surrendered.
No officers were injured.
Police say they recovered a revolver and a folding knife that investigators believe were used in the attacks.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
crime, shooting, SFPD, soma, san francisco news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos