San Francisco News
Power mostly restored after outage near Embarcadero
SAN FRANCISCO -- PG&E has restored power to all but three customers following a morning outage that left 64 customers without electricity, a utility spokesman said.
The outage was reported at about 6:45 a.m. in the area of Spear and Harrison streets. Traffic lights were out at that intersection and police were directing cars through the area.
Power lines appeared to be tangled up in each other at a couple of points along the west side of Spear Street.
PG&E spokesman Joe Molica said crews are still trying to determine what went wrong, and are looking into whether a truck hit a power pole or a bird flew into the wires.
PG&E is replacing the damaged wires and other equipment atop the power poles in that spot, he said.
Molica said power was restored to all but three customers at about 9:15 a.m.
embarcadero, PG&E, power outage, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 41 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 34 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 15 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 14 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 57 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos