San Francisco News
SFPD searching for two home robbery suspects
SAN FRANCISCO -- One person is in custody and two others remain at large after a home invasion in San Francisco's Bayview District this morning, a police sergeant said.
Officers responded to a report of a home invasion robbery that had just occurred at about 12:15 a.m. in the 1600 block of Palou Street, Sgt. Dennis Toomer said.
An investigation revealed that a female coerced a resident to open his residential front gate, Toomer said. When the gate opened, two men rushed in and forced the victim back into the home where a struggle ensued, and the neighbors called the police, according to Toomer.
Toomer said the victim suffered a stab wound in the struggle. He was transported to San Francisco General Hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
One of the male suspects attempted to exit the home through a first floor window in the rear of the home, but jumping out, he injured his leg and shortly after was arrested, Toomer said.
A handgun was confiscated from the suspect, Toomer said.
He was transported to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
The two other suspects remain at large.
The female, whose age is unknown, stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and was last seen wearing all black clothing.
The man, believed to be between 45 and 55 years old, is described as 6 feet tall, about 200 pounds and was seen wearing all black clothing. He is also believed to be armed.
It is unknown if anything was taken in the robbery, Toomer said.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call San Francisco police anonymously at (415) 515-4444 or text a tip to TIP 411, with "SFPD" in the header.
crime, SFPD, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 36 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 29 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 10 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 9 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 52 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos