San Francisco News
San Francisco hotel to offer Alcatraz inspired menu
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Want to eat like a mobster? The Hyatt Regency Embarcadero in San Francisco is rolling out an Alcatraz menu.
The meals are based on what inmates like Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly actually ate while they were on The Rock.
But we're not talking goulash; inmates ate meals featuring meatloaf, baked halibut and broiled short ribs.
"Rumor has it they fed them well so that it would keep the peace in the island and they wouldn't cause any trouble," Hyatt Regency Chef Victor Litkewycz said. "A happy prisoner, I guess, would be a peaceful prisoner."
Diners can try the special menu at the hyatt regency during August. The meals will be served on prison trays.
The hotel also has a lobby display on Alcatraz's history and pictures of notorious inmates.
alcatraz, food, san francisco news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 33 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event 4 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House 24 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos