San Francisco News
Filming for new movie continues in San Francisco's North Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Filming for the new "Planet of the Apes" movie is continuing in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood.
A wrecked police car was part of the scenery for the new film, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes."
Drivers and pedestrians in the area may face detours when the actual filming takes place. You might also find less parking, as the scenery and production equipment is taking up parking spaces on nearby streets.
The film is about a group of scientists in San Francisco who try to survive in the aftermath of a deadly plague. It's the sequel of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," which was also shot in San Francisco and Muir Woods.
The upcoming movie stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, and Keri Russell.
It opens in theaters next July.
north beach, movies, celebrity, san francisco news
- Wounded San Francisco police officer back in surgery 17 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 32 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 45 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 59 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
32 min ago