San Francisco News
Fire breaks out on Muni bus in San Francisco's Outer Richmond
SAN FRANCISCO -- A San Francisco Municipal Railway bus was on fire Thursday afternoon in the city's Outer Richmond District, a fire spokeswoman said.
The bus was on Geary Boulevard near 28th Avenue when the back of the bus started burning around 3:10 p.m., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
An engine problem apparently led to the blaze, she said.
All passengers and the driver were off the bus by the time fire broke out, she said.
Firefighters responded and put out the blaze. No injuries were reported, she said.
The 38-Geary Muni bus runs along Geary Boulevard.
richmond district, muni, fire, transportation, san francisco news
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 4 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 8 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos