San Francisco News
Double decker tour bus explodes in flames in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A double decker tour bus with tourists onboard caught on fire in San Francisco Saturday evening.
Officials say the engine compartment aboard the bus suddenly exploded into flames at around 6 p.m. It happened near the waterfront on Broadway and Front streets.
All the tourists onboard at the time got off safely along with the bus driver.
Witnesses said they heard a loud boom and then saw flames shooting out of the back half of the bus.
The fire department managed to put the flames out quickly.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fire, tourism, transportation, sffd, san francisco news
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 1 min ago
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting 38 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers 6 min ago
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos