San Francisco News
Double decker tour bus explodes in flames in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A double decker tour bus with tourists onboard caught on fire in San Francisco Saturday evening.
Officials say the engine compartment aboard the bus suddenly exploded into flames at around 6 p.m. It happened near the waterfront on Broadway and Front streets.
All the tourists onboard at the time got off safely along with the bus driver.
Witnesses said they heard a loud boom and then saw flames shooting out of the back half of the bus.
The fire department managed to put the flames out quickly.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fire, tourism, transportation, sffd, san francisco news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos