San Francisco News
Bicyclist dies after collision with big-rig in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- A bicyclist died after being hit by a big-rig in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood this morning, police said.
The collision was reported at 7:07 a.m. at Sixth and Folsom streets.
The bicyclist, a 30-year-old woman, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries, police said.
Streets in the area were blocked off after the accident but have since reopened.
Police initially said the bicyclist was a man but have since clarified that the victim was a woman.
soma, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 27 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 46 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 9 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos