San Francisco News
Bicyclist dies after collision with big-rig in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- A bicyclist died after being hit by a big-rig in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood this morning, police said.
The collision was reported at 7:07 a.m. at Sixth and Folsom streets.
The bicyclist, a 30-year-old woman, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries, police said.
Streets in the area were blocked off after the accident but have since reopened.
Police initially said the bicyclist was a man but have since clarified that the victim was a woman.
soma, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 56 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos