San Francisco News
Boy hospitalized after hornet attack in SF's GG Park
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 7-year-old boy was attacked by a swarm of hornets in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park Thursday afternoon, a fire spokeswoman said.
Medical crews were called by someone near the Sharon Building on the eastern end of the park near Children's Playground at 3:43 p.m., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The child was in stable condition when crews arrived, but was taken to a hospital because of the numerous stings.
Park rangers then removed the nest, Talmadge said.
golden gate park, children, san francisco news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 17 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 56 min ago
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue 8 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature 22 min ago
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online 3 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping 21 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
56 min ago
- Growers protect crops from freezing temps
29 min ago