San Francisco News
Low attendance prompts layoffs at the SF's Exploratorium
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The low number of visitors at San Francisco's new Exploratorium is now costing employees their jobs
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, 80 positions are being eliminated. That's about a fifth of its staff.
Officials say crowds have been much smaller than what they projected when the science museum moved into its news digs on the Embarcadero in April.
exploratorium, museums, art, jobs, layoff, teachers, children, san francisco news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit 2 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...