San Francisco News
Low attendance prompts layoffs at the SF's Exploratorium
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The low number of visitors at San Francisco's new Exploratorium is now costing employees their jobs
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, 80 positions are being eliminated. That's about a fifth of its staff.
Officials say crowds have been much smaller than what they projected when the science museum moved into its news digs on the Embarcadero in April.
exploratorium, museums, art, jobs, layoff, teachers, children, san francisco news
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 8 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case