San Francisco News
12-year-old boy robbed in SF's Portola neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 12-year-old boy was robbed in San Francisco's Portola neighborhood on Tuesday evening, a police spokeswoman said Wednesday.
The robbery was reported shortly after 5 p.m. near Holyoke and Woolsey streets.
The boy was walking along the sidewalk when he encountered a man next to a car, police spokeswoman Officer Tracy Turner said.
The man demanded the boy's cellphone and wallet, and the boy was "so scared he didn't do anything," prompting the suspect to rifle through the boy's pockets and take his property, Turner said.
The suspect, described as between 20 and 30 years old, then got into a red four-door sedan occupied by three other people and the car drove away, according to Turner.
The boy was not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, children, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope 33 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- BART board meets over error in union contract 4 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos