North Bay News
Marin City man suspected of fatally stabbing mother arrested in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An armed man suspected of stabbing his mother to death in Marin City was shot and wounded by police in San Francisco.
At about 11:10 p.m. Friday, sheriff's deputies received a request for a welfare check at a residence on Cole Drive near Drake Avenue.
According to Lt. Jamie Scardina, a person who lives at the residence had returned home to find the front living room of the residence covered in blood. The resident then left the apartment and went to a neighbor's home to call 911.
When deputies arrived they found 44-year-old Rosa Aldana in a bedroom with multiple stab wounds. Despite CPR efforts, she was pronounced dead by medical personnel at the scene.
Meanwhile, the California Highway Patrol received a report of man covered in blood and in possession of a knife boarding a Golden Gate Transit bus. He boarded the San Francisco-bound bus at the Donahue Street bus stop in Marin City.
The bus continued southbound on Highway 101 and into San Francisco. U.S. Park Police located the suspect, 22-year-old Carlos Aldana, as he was getting off the bus at Fillmore and Chestnut streets in the city's Marina District.
Officers say they fired after the suspect threatened them with a knife. He was transported to San Francisco General Hospital where he's being treated for multiple gunshot wounds. Once he's cleared, police say he'll be booked into the Marin County Jail.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Sheriff's Office at 415-479-2311. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call Bay Area Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS.
marin city, marina district, SFPD, crime, murder, violence, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos