San Francisco News
SF police officer hurt after crashing into another car
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco police officer was injured after crashing into another car.
It happened just after 3:30 p.m. on Saturday at California Street and 12th Avenue.
A witness told ABC7 News the officer appeared to be on a cellphone and ran a red light.
Investigators have confirmed the officer broadsided another vehicle, but would only say the details are still under investigation.
The other driver was not hurt.
The officer was transported to the hospital, but was not seriously injured.
SFPD, crash, cellphone, san francisco news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn 6 min ago
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos