San Francisco News
SF police officer hurt after crashing into another car
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco police officer was injured after crashing into another car.
It happened just after 3:30 p.m. on Saturday at California Street and 12th Avenue.
A witness told ABC7 News the officer appeared to be on a cellphone and ran a red light.
Investigators have confirmed the officer broadsided another vehicle, but would only say the details are still under investigation.
The other driver was not hurt.
The officer was transported to the hospital, but was not seriously injured.
SFPD, crash, cellphone, san francisco news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials 14 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 57 min ago
- CHP reopens two lanes of WB I-80 in SF 39 min ago
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 10 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos