San Francisco News
Electric Vehicle Week kicks off in Bay Area
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Bay Area is home to one-fifth of all plug-in vehicles nationwide. And if you want to dip your toe into the pool of plug-in drivers this is the week.
That's because it's Electrical Vehicle Week in the Bay Area.
Starting Tuesday, prospective buyers can test drive models like Ford's C-Max Energi, BMW's ActiveE and Nissan's Leaf.
It begins at 1:30 p.m. at Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco.
EV Week continues Wednesday at Palo Alto City Hall and will be held at San Jose's Santana Row on Thursday and Friday.
justin herman plaza, electric vehicles, san francisco news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight 52 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 17 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery 40 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday