San Francisco News
Elderly couple's eviction spurs protest in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An elderly Asian couple in San Francisco is at the center of an eviction fight Tuesday.
The Lee family lives on a fixed-income in a rent-controlled apartment in the Polk Gulch neighborhood of the city.
Their building was sold recently and the owner has evicted all the other tenants -- which is legal.
The Lees have been unable to find other affordable housing and are appealing the eviction.
An all-day protest is underway to highlight the case and point out the lack of affordable housing in San Francisco.
protest, housing market, real estate, san francisco news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 59 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 38 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos