San Francisco News
Elderly couple's eviction spurs protest in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An elderly Asian couple in San Francisco is at the center of an eviction fight Tuesday.
The Lee family lives on a fixed-income in a rent-controlled apartment in the Polk Gulch neighborhood of the city.
Their building was sold recently and the owner has evicted all the other tenants -- which is legal.
The Lees have been unable to find other affordable housing and are appealing the eviction.
An all-day protest is underway to highlight the case and point out the lack of affordable housing in San Francisco.
protest, housing market, real estate, san francisco news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree 19 min ago
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire