San Francisco News
Elderly couple's eviction spurs protest in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An elderly Asian couple in San Francisco is at the center of an eviction fight Tuesday.
The Lee family lives on a fixed-income in a rent-controlled apartment in the Polk Gulch neighborhood of the city.
Their building was sold recently and the owner has evicted all the other tenants -- which is legal.
The Lees have been unable to find other affordable housing and are appealing the eviction.
An all-day protest is underway to highlight the case and point out the lack of affordable housing in San Francisco.
protest, housing market, real estate, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF 14 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 11 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 28 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos