San Francisco News
Elderly couple's eviction spurs protest in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An elderly Asian couple in San Francisco is at the center of an eviction fight Tuesday.
The Lee family lives on a fixed-income in a rent-controlled apartment in the Polk Gulch neighborhood of the city.
Their building was sold recently and the owner has evicted all the other tenants -- which is legal.
The Lees have been unable to find other affordable housing and are appealing the eviction.
An all-day protest is underway to highlight the case and point out the lack of affordable housing in San Francisco.
protest, housing market, real estate, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos