San Francisco News
Dodgers fan stabbing suspect released from custody
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police are searching for more suspects after a Dodgers fan was killed this week. On Friday they questioned and released one man.
Police arrested 21-year-old Michael Montgomery on Thursday. They say he got into an argument with the victim, Jonathan Denver, after the Giants-Dodgers game on Wednesday.
Denver was stabbed to death and police say he was wearing Dodgers gear.
Friday night Montgomery was released from jail.
In an interview with the Lodi News-Sentinel Montgomery's parents claim their son was outnumbered and was hit in the head with a chair, so he fought back in self-defense. That appears to be why he was released.
San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon said they do not have enough evidence to prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt. He said in a statement late Friday that not all witnesses have been questioned and no independent witnesses have been interviewed.
SFPD, crime, soma, murder, at&t park, violence, san francisco giants, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 55 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 58 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos