San Francisco News
Arrests made in attempted robbery of KRON 4 News crew
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two teenagers are under arrest in connection with an attempted robbery and shooting Friday night involving a security guard working with a KRON 4 News crew.
Police say Armani McFarland and John Woods, each 19 and from San Francisco, are charged with robbery and conspiracy, the department said.
The incident happened at Third Street and La Salle Avenue in the city's Bayview District.
Police tell us two armed men demanded reporter Jeff Bush's equipment. He handed it over to the men and then took cover.
The security guard working with Bush fired shots at the men.
One of the men was hit. They took off in a car.
Police say that a person walked into San Francisco General Hospital a short-time later with gunshot wounds. Police said one of the suspects was treated for a "non-life threatening" gunshot wound, but didn't identify the man.
The holdup is the latest in a spate of robberies of San Francisco Bay Area news crews.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
san francisco general hospital, shooting, crime, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 40 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire 57 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 26 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos