San Francisco News
Arrests made in attempted robbery of KRON 4 News crew
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two teenagers are under arrest in connection with an attempted robbery and shooting Friday night involving a security guard working with a KRON 4 News crew.
Police say Armani McFarland and John Woods, each 19 and from San Francisco, are charged with robbery and conspiracy, the department said.
The incident happened at Third Street and La Salle Avenue in the city's Bayview District.
Police tell us two armed men demanded reporter Jeff Bush's equipment. He handed it over to the men and then took cover.
The security guard working with Bush fired shots at the men.
One of the men was hit. They took off in a car.
Police say that a person walked into San Francisco General Hospital a short-time later with gunshot wounds. Police said one of the suspects was treated for a "non-life threatening" gunshot wound, but didn't identify the man.
The holdup is the latest in a spate of robberies of San Francisco Bay Area news crews.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
san francisco general hospital, shooting, crime, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos