San Francisco News
SFSU student shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco man accused of killing a San Francisco State University student made a court appearance Wednesday in a case prosecutors are calling a "random thrill killing."
Nikhom Thephakaysone, 30, pleaded not guilty in the shooting of 20 year-old Justin Valdez after the two got off a Muni metro streetcar last week in the city's Ocean View District.
The judge denied bail. Prosecutors say the suspect is a threat to the public and could kill again.
Investigators say they found survivalist gear, an arsenal of weapons, and $20,000 in cash after searching his residence.
ingleside, crime, shooting, SFPD, caught on tape, SFSU, southern california, san francisco news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 8 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts 55 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
42 min ago