San Francisco News
SFSU student shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco man accused of killing a San Francisco State University student made a court appearance Wednesday in a case prosecutors are calling a "random thrill killing."
Nikhom Thephakaysone, 30, pleaded not guilty in the shooting of 20 year-old Justin Valdez after the two got off a Muni metro streetcar last week in the city's Ocean View District.
The judge denied bail. Prosecutors say the suspect is a threat to the public and could kill again.
Investigators say they found survivalist gear, an arsenal of weapons, and $20,000 in cash after searching his residence.
ingleside, crime, shooting, SFPD, caught on tape, SFSU, southern california, san francisco news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future 56 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 45 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events 1 min ago
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- 'Shrimp Boy' pleads not guilty in corruption case
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos