San Francisco News
SFSU student shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco man accused of killing a San Francisco State University student made a court appearance Wednesday in a case prosecutors are calling a "random thrill killing."
Nikhom Thephakaysone, 30, pleaded not guilty in the shooting of 20 year-old Justin Valdez after the two got off a Muni metro streetcar last week in the city's Ocean View District.
The judge denied bail. Prosecutors say the suspect is a threat to the public and could kill again.
Investigators say they found survivalist gear, an arsenal of weapons, and $20,000 in cash after searching his residence.
ingleside, crime, shooting, SFPD, caught on tape, SFSU, southern california, san francisco news
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco 4 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos