San Francisco News
Police investigate shooting in SF's Bayview neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man is recovering after being shot twice early Saturday morning in San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the area of Gilman Avenue and Griffith Street at about 2:10 a.m., police said.
When officers arrived, they found a man suffering from gunshot wounds to his leg and buttocks, according to police.
The man was transported to a hospital to be treated for injuries not considered life-threatening.
No arrests have been made. The shooting remains under investigation.
shooting, bayview hunters point, SFPD, violence, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo 50 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos