San Francisco News
Man killed between two vehicles in SF's Nob Hill identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 68-year-old man who was killed between two vehicles in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood on Friday has been identified as Emitt Jackson, of Martinez, according to the medical examiner's office.
Jackson was unloading or loading a vehicle on Pacific Avenue at Polk Street when a truck accelerated and pinned him against another vehicle, according to Officer Albie Esparza.
He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
The truck's driver remained on the scene and is cooperating with police.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call San Francisco police at (415) 575-4444 or text a tip to TIP411 with SFPD at the start of the message.
nob hill, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos