San Francisco News
Man killed between two vehicles in SF's Nob Hill identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 68-year-old man who was killed between two vehicles in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood on Friday has been identified as Emitt Jackson, of Martinez, according to the medical examiner's office.
Jackson was unloading or loading a vehicle on Pacific Avenue at Polk Street when a truck accelerated and pinned him against another vehicle, according to Officer Albie Esparza.
He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
The truck's driver remained on the scene and is cooperating with police.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call San Francisco police at (415) 575-4444 or text a tip to TIP411 with SFPD at the start of the message.
nob hill, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 49 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 28 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos