San Francisco News
Man killed between two vehicles in SF's Nob Hill identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 68-year-old man who was killed between two vehicles in San Francisco's Nob Hill neighborhood on Friday has been identified as Emitt Jackson, of Martinez, according to the medical examiner's office.
Jackson was unloading or loading a vehicle on Pacific Avenue at Polk Street when a truck accelerated and pinned him against another vehicle, according to Officer Albie Esparza.
He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he died of his injuries.
The truck's driver remained on the scene and is cooperating with police.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call San Francisco police at (415) 575-4444 or text a tip to TIP411 with SFPD at the start of the message.
nob hill, pedestrian struck, san francisco news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 49 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 43 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos