San Francisco News
SF mayor's trade mission to China impacted by looming strike
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A potential BART strike could derail plans for an important trade mission to China by San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee.
Lee is scheduled to touch down in Beijing on Monday, but could be delayed if there's a strike.
There's a lot riding on the trip.
Lee will be promoting opportunities for Chinese investors in the city's Mission Rock development project, located just south of AT&T Park.
The mayor is popular in China and well-known among Chinese investors.
ed lee, china, BART, strike, san francisco news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial 1 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday