San Francisco News
Actvists to protest evictions due to rent increases in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A rally will be held in San Francisco in an effort to stop evictions due to rent increases.
The "No Eviction March" will start at 2 p.m. at the Brava Theater on 24th Street.
Activists are asking lawmakers to offer protections to long-term small businesses and residents in the Mission who are losing their leases to what they call an unreasonable spike in rent.
protest, mission district, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 35 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 50 min ago
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday