San Francisco News
Actvists to protest evictions due to rent increases in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A rally will be held in San Francisco in an effort to stop evictions due to rent increases.
The "No Eviction March" will start at 2 p.m. at the Brava Theater on 24th Street.
Activists are asking lawmakers to offer protections to long-term small businesses and residents in the Mission who are losing their leases to what they call an unreasonable spike in rent.
protest, mission district, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday