San Francisco News
Suspect arrested, victim identified in Mission District homicide
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police have made an arrest in a fatal shooting that occurred in the city's Mission District early Monday morning.
Investigators identified Vincent Jacobo, 56, as a suspect and took him into custody on the 1100 block of Valencia Street, according to Officer Gordon Shyy.
The shooting occurred around 4:30 a.m. near Bartlett and 21st streets, according to police.
Officers responding to the scene found a male victim suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, police said.
The victim has since been identified as Maurice White, a 28-year-old San Francisco resident, according to the San Francisco Medical Examiner's office.
Police blocked off Bartlett Street between 21st and 22nd streets for much of the morning to investigate the shooting.
SFPD, crime, shooting, mission district, violence, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 26 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 20 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 5 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos