San Francisco News
Suspect arrested, victim identified in Mission District homicide
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police have made an arrest in a fatal shooting that occurred in the city's Mission District early Monday morning.
Investigators identified Vincent Jacobo, 56, as a suspect and took him into custody on the 1100 block of Valencia Street, according to Officer Gordon Shyy.
The shooting occurred around 4:30 a.m. near Bartlett and 21st streets, according to police.
Officers responding to the scene found a male victim suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, police said.
The victim has since been identified as Maurice White, a 28-year-old San Francisco resident, according to the San Francisco Medical Examiner's office.
Police blocked off Bartlett Street between 21st and 22nd streets for much of the morning to investigate the shooting.
SFPD, crime, shooting, mission district, violence, san francisco news
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall 6 min ago
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for work 13 min ago
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge 3 min ago
- Scrabble asks fans to choose new word for dictionary
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Bridge bike path temporarily closed for...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos