San Francisco News
Suspect arrested, victim identified in Mission District homicide
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police have made an arrest in a fatal shooting that occurred in the city's Mission District early Monday morning.
Investigators identified Vincent Jacobo, 56, as a suspect and took him into custody on the 1100 block of Valencia Street, according to Officer Gordon Shyy.
The shooting occurred around 4:30 a.m. near Bartlett and 21st streets, according to police.
Officers responding to the scene found a male victim suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, police said.
The victim has since been identified as Maurice White, a 28-year-old San Francisco resident, according to the San Francisco Medical Examiner's office.
Police blocked off Bartlett Street between 21st and 22nd streets for much of the morning to investigate the shooting.
SFPD, crime, shooting, mission district, violence, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 52 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 1 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday