San Francisco News
Kids taken in stolen car in SF found safe
SAN FRANCISCO -- An infant and toddler have been found uninjured in the backseat of a car stolen from the Mission District Tuesday.
Around 6:50 p.m., officers found the children in the vehicle, which had been abandoned in a driveway in the 200 block of Sweeny Street, police said.
Police said the driver, described only as a thin white woman with curly, short brown hair, abandoned the car with the children inside it and fled on foot.
The woman reportedly stole the car with the kids inside from 22nd and Shotwell streets a short time after 6 p.m., according to police.
Police had not located or identified the woman as of 7 p.m.
mission district, crime, missing person, children, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 25 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 7 min ago
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos