San Francisco News
Kids taken in stolen car in SF found safe
SAN FRANCISCO -- An infant and toddler have been found uninjured in the backseat of a car stolen from the Mission District Tuesday.
Around 6:50 p.m., officers found the children in the vehicle, which had been abandoned in a driveway in the 200 block of Sweeny Street, police said.
Police said the driver, described only as a thin white woman with curly, short brown hair, abandoned the car with the children inside it and fled on foot.
The woman reportedly stole the car with the kids inside from 22nd and Shotwell streets a short time after 6 p.m., according to police.
Police had not located or identified the woman as of 7 p.m.
mission district, crime, missing person, children, san francisco news
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 35 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 18 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 22 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
58 min ago