San Francisco News
Kids taken in stolen car in SF found safe
SAN FRANCISCO -- An infant and toddler have been found uninjured in the backseat of a car stolen from the Mission District Tuesday.
Around 6:50 p.m., officers found the children in the vehicle, which had been abandoned in a driveway in the 200 block of Sweeny Street, police said.
Police said the driver, described only as a thin white woman with curly, short brown hair, abandoned the car with the children inside it and fled on foot.
The woman reportedly stole the car with the kids inside from 22nd and Shotwell streets a short time after 6 p.m., according to police.
Police had not located or identified the woman as of 7 p.m.
mission district, crime, missing person, children, san francisco news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support 41 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning 20 min ago
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos