San Francisco News
SF Mission District shooting victim dies at hospital
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 22-year-old San Francisco man who was shot Sunday morning in the city's Mission District has died, a medical office examiner said.
Police responded to a report of a shooting near 16th and Mission streets at about 2:20 a.m., according to San Francisco police.
Arriving officers found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the back, police said.
The victim, whose name has not been released, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he died a few hours later, police said.
No arrests have been made and suspect information was not available, police said.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call San Francisco police homicide investigators at (415) 553-1145 or the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.
mission district, shooting, crime, violence, SFPD, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos