San Francisco News
SF Mission District shooting victim dies at hospital
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 22-year-old San Francisco man who was shot Sunday morning in the city's Mission District has died, a medical office examiner said.
Police responded to a report of a shooting near 16th and Mission streets at about 2:20 a.m., according to San Francisco police.
Arriving officers found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the back, police said.
The victim, whose name has not been released, was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he died a few hours later, police said.
No arrests have been made and suspect information was not available, police said.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call San Francisco police homicide investigators at (415) 553-1145 or the anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.
mission district, shooting, crime, violence, SFPD, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 23 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 38 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 35 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 37 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 34 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 5 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir 54 min ago
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 13 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates...
54 min ago